As Covid 19 restrictions are lifting, we are eager to return to “in person” worship in our sanctuary. Church leadership has carefully considered various aspects of this process and have put together the instructions listed below.
In person worship will begin on June 21st 2020 and will continue using these instructions until either we adapt our plan, new outbreaks occur or we are advised that these precautions are no longer necessary. We care about both the body and the soul of every human being and will strive to care for both aspects in the wisest ways possible.
(latest update 6/11/20)
- We will gather together for the Divine Service on Sundays at 8:00 am, we will add additional services should we see a need.
- We will set a limit of 75 worshipers per service. This is well below the guidance of 25% of room capacity which is 375 on the main floor.
- Registration to attend will be required prior to the start of the service. While not encouraged, “walk ins” may be admitted if space is available.
- Registration can be done beginning Tuesday morning at 10:00 a.m. each week. Registration can be done via email to email@example.com , by phoning the office 715-756-6669 or using the “Sign up Genius app”
- The building will be carefully cleaned before each worship service.
The Day of Worship
- Maintain at least a 6-foot distance between households at all times.
- Masks will be required for all worshipers over the age of 2 unless the worshipper has a medical condition that precludes wearing a mask. For questions or concerns on this please contact Pastor Marty.
- When attending worship, you will be “checked in” from the registration list allowing us to have an accurate contact tracing list. “Walk ins” will need to leave contact information with the registrar.
- All exterior doors will either be propped open or attended by an usher. The main entrance and North Narthex doors will be open, please do not enter or exit through the basement doors.
- All interior doors will be propped open so that no one needs to touch the handles (excluding restrooms.)
- Wash your hands with soap and water (preferred) or hand sanitizer as needed. Hand sanitizer will be located in numerous locations in the narthex.
- Please do not congregate in the narthex before or after the worship service. Careful visiting can take place outside the building.
- Please do not ride the elevator with someone not in your immediate family. Please also wipe the button with a wipe before pushing it outside and inside the elevator car.
- The nursery and other classrooms will be locked and unavailable during worship.
- The drinking fountains will be unavailable, please feel free to bring your own water (bottle) with you.
- The upstairs restroom (single use) and the Men’s and Women’s restroom in the basement will be available for use. If possible, avoid using the restroom as it is another opportunity to spread/contract the virus. If you must use it, please wash your hands carefully.
In the Sanctuary
- We will be utilizing every other pew for congregational seating.
Sit only in pews that are not blocked off.
- Use the aisle on the end of the pew you will be sitting.
- We will not be sitting in the middle of the pews – unless your family fills that much space.
- If a family unit extends over 33% of the pew, not allowing for 6’ social distancing within the pew, the other end of the pew should not be utilized.
- Offering plates will not be passed but will be situated in the narthex.
- Hymnals and all other items have been removed from the pews
- A limited number of bulletins will be printed. All material for worship will be available on the screen. If you need/desire a bulletin, please take one and then take it home with you (don’t throw it away in the narthex or leave it on your pew.)
- Ushers will dismiss congregation at the end of the service, starting at the back and working forward.
- Instructions will be explained at worship.
- Please leave your mask at your seat and use care to not cough or sneeze on others while approaching the table.
- You will be directed by the ushers one at a time (or in family groups) to a table at the front of the sanctuary that will have the consecrated elements on it.
- Communion will be preset at spaced intervals, with each person taking their own wine & bread.
- Both wine and grape juice will be available. Only individual cups will be used.
- As in past weeks the following will
remain available to watch/listen at home:
- 8:00 a.m. Facebook Live
- 10:30 a.m. Radio broadcast on WLBK 1360 AM and 98.9 FM
- Our website will have both the broadcast and video recording of the service available any time after 10:00 a.m. on Sunday.
Please use Sanctified (God given) wisdom on the best way to worship Him. Staying home is an option, and preferred, if:
- You are sick or concerned that you have any symptoms of Covid 19;
- You have traveled shortly before the service;
- You may have been exposed to the virus and may present a danger to others;
- You are in a high risk category, or caring for someone in a high risk category;
- You are not comfortable going out in public or congregating just yet.
You have been asked by Him to steward your life in service to Him. Just because the Church building is open does not mean you have an obligation to attend in person. Use your God given brain, wisdom and heart to determine if it is best for you and for others (family members you may be caring for, etc.) for you to attend in person. If you would like to talk this through with Pastor Marty, he would love to help you determine the best option for you.