Important Dates in Our History

  • April 13, 1909 — Immanuel Lutheran Church is chartered as a parish
  • June 20, 1925 — Ground breaking ceremonies for church at Fifth & Fisk
  • October 4, 1943 — Immanuel Lutheran Church becomes a self-supporting congregation and joins the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
  • March 5, 1950: First broadcast of church service over WLBK radio
  • February 7, 1960: The Reverend E.George Krause installed as pastor at Immanuel Lutheran Church and campus pastor to students of Synodical Conference affiliation at NIU
  • May 30, 1965: Dedication of Immanuel Lutheran Church & Student Center at its present site of 511 Russell Road.
  • November 9, 1980: Braille Center #137 is dedicated at Immanuel Lutheran Church
  • September 1996: Little Lambs Preschool of Immanuel Lutheran Church begins its first school year with 6 children in attendance.
  • Immanuel Lutheran Church pledges support with other area Lutheran churches of Christian Senior Ministries to provide service to area nursing homes.
  • April 14, 2002: Reverend Marty Marks is installed as Pastor of Administration and Campus Ministry
  • December 8, 2002: Byron J (Barney) Schroeder, DCE, is installed as a called member of the staff
  • June 2006: Vicar Ray Krueger is installed for one year of service. He is called as Pastor of Congregational Care following his vicarage and installed as such on June 10, 2007
  • July 14, 2010: The Reverend E. George Krause, (1925-2010) who served faithfully in the ministry, with over 40 years of that service given to Immanuel Lutheran church was called home to his eternal glory.