Worship in person on February 17 Service at 7:00 p.m.
w/Holy communion & Imposition of ashes
Service to be broadcast on Facebook Live. Following the service the video will be posted to our website.
Midweek Lenten Worship Continues at
7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 24; March 3, 10, 17 & 24
The Hills of Lent A Series of Services for Lent
By means of hymns and dramatic homilies, the congregation will led on a biblically chronological journey to “mountaintop experiences” which all focus on the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
· At Mount Moriah, Abraham’s faith is tested and strengthened.
· At Mount Sinai, Moses and the Israelites receive the word of God.
· At Mount Carmel, Elijah calls for faith and faithfulness.
· Jesus joins the faithful in worship at Mount Zion.
· On Mount Olive, Jesus assures us that we too are the children of God.
· At Mount Calvary, we view “God’s own sacrifice complete.”
Services will begin with the “Psalms of Ascent.” Dramatic homilies involve a narrator and various readers. The congregation participates in the homilies with the singing of successive stanzas of “Unto the Hills.”